Vincent van Gogh - scrisorile sale

"My dear Theo,
A couple of days ago we got a painting by De Nittis, a view of London on a rainy day, Westminster Bridge and the Houses of Parliament.1 I crossed Westminster Bridge every morning and evening and know what it looks like when the sun’s setting behind Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament, and what it’s like early in the morning, and in the winter with snow and fog.
When I saw this painting I felt how much I love London.
Yet I believe it’s good for me to be away from it. This in answer to your question. I certainly don’t think that you’ll be going to London. 1r:2
Thanks for ‘Aus der Jugendzeit’ and ‘Um Mitternacht’ by Rückert.2 It’s poignantly beautiful; the latter made me think of ‘La nuit de Décembre’ by Musset.3 I wish I could send it to you, but don’t have it.
Yesterday we sent a crate to The Hague, what I had promised you was in it.4
I hear that Anna and Lies are at home; I’d like to see them again. I wish you the very best, and write again soon. With a handshake

Your loving brother
Vincent"

http://www.vangoghletters.org/vg/letters/let039/letter.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Poze Soc" din Lost - Gafa la Antena 1

Bestoftheweb.ro 02/25/2012 (a.m.)

Babuinii conduc Romania - astazi babuinul Relu Fenechiu